Paper Patchwork #3...

Hi everybody, today I have #3 in the installment of layouts created from made-over papers.  See here and here.

You already have the gist of what I was doing by patching up scraps of other paper used on other layouts....here is the array of papers I started with...

Here is the 3rd background page I created....

And here is the layout I created with that page....
After I had adhered the patches of patterned papers together, I sewed all the pieces together in quilting fashion, and then used a Tim Holtz-Stampers Anonymous Damask stamp and brown ink to lightly and randomly stamp all over the page to unite the colors and patterns even more.  I also stenciled brown ink through a DCWV Damask stencil underneath where the photos would be placed.

I layered various die cuts and other embellishments underneath the photo, and in the upper right corner, including some Blue Fern Studios chipboard, Pink Paislee puffy stickers, Prima ephemera die cuts, and word stickers from Cosmo Cricket and Authentique.  I also typed my journaling on a printed tag and adhered it alongside the photos.


 The photos (front and back of an original) are of my mother's family hiking in the German and Austrian Alps in around 1947, and the look of it so reminded me of the Sound of Music artwork, that I just had to co-opt the title for my layout. 


SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts