A weekend crop...

Last week I got to travel up to Manitoba and attend a weekend crop held by Love is in the Details!  I really miss cropping with friends.  So I had a really great time and I'm already looking forward to when I can do it again!  Because I was traveling there by air, and because I hadn't had time before I left to prep any projects, I just took along some stamp sets, card fronts and some coloring tools.  I actually needed a couple of cards that weekend so they were at the top of the list of what I wanted to make.  I did that, and then just played with some of my newer stamps.  Didn't accomplish a whole lot, but then who ever went to a crop to get stuff done, right??

First thing I needed to make were a couple of graduation cards.  I used a Stampendous stamp and colored/painted the image with Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a water brush.  

 We were challenged as a group to alter the cover of a notebook, and I stamped some loose leaves and florals on watercolor paper, color/painted them and covered them with Glossy Accents.  I'm all about making my own embellishments these days and I love how these turned out.


 Next, I needed a couple of baby-themed cards.  This pink one is a straight up lift from here.  Both cards use stamps from Stampin Up! - Made With Love set.  


Then I decided to just play.  This image is made with a stamp from Magenta. I colored it with Zig brush markers again and added coordinating strips of paper and Nuvo drops to finish it.

And finally, I pulled out some stamps from the Lawn Fawn - How You Bean set.  What a fun chance to play with color!  And the Lawn Fawn plaid paper pads are the perfect accompaniment.

 These cards were featured at Love is in the Details earlier this week.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

Popular Posts